How to Get Involved
There are many opportunities to get involved with Washington REALTORS®. You can apply to serve on a committee, work group or task force that suits your schedule best or you can apply for a leadership position on our Board of Directors. State Board of Directors are appointed by Local Associations and if you have questions on how to join the State Board of Directors, contact your Local Association Executive. To apply for committees or leadership, see below...
Members and affiliates can apply for a committee, work group and/or task force. Depending on the committee, time commitments usually involve a few video conference call meetings throughout the year and sometimes requires attendance at the Fall (September) and Spring (April) Business Conferences and Legislative Day (January). 2022 Applications are closed. The timeline for the 2023 committee application process is as follows.
- The deadline for 2023 Committee Applications will be October 15, 2022.
- After applications are submitted, staff and leadership will follow the Committee Selection process, sending announcement letters to applicants with their committee assignments on November 30, 2022. Members will have the option to decline assignments at that time.
- Application does not guarantee placement although staff and leadership try to make accommodations for everyone. Applicants can only serve on one CORE committee per term but can serve on multiple work groups and task forces in addition to the CORE committee.
For questions on the committee application process, email Liz Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-943-3100 x 116.
Washington REALTORS® hosts elections for the following Leadership positions:
- First Vice President (serves a term of three years as First Vice President, President-elect, and then President)
- Vice President of Government Affairs
- Vice President Membership
- Vice President of Operations
- NAR Director
Treasurer and Committee Vice President positions are elected during the Board of Directors Meeting at the Spring Business Conference. First Vice President and NAR Directors are elected during the Board of Directors Meeting at the Fall Business Conference.
Visit the NAR Director Elections page or the Officers & Leadership Elections page to review qualifications, campaign guidelines and to apply. For questions, contact Mary Hull-Drury at email@example.com or (360) 943-3100.