RPAC Statement of Principles
STATEMENT OF VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
WASHINGTON REALTORS®, representing over 21,000 members in every community in Washington state, is firmly committed to treating everyone with dignity and respect, and to upholding the goals and spirit of the Fair Housing Act.
We expect any candidate, campaign, PAC, organization, or entity that receives funds from the REALTOR® PAC (RPAC) to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects our most fundamental values.
WHO WE SUPPORT & WHY:
- RPAC does not align itself with any political party.
- WASHINGTON REALTORS® and RPAC historically have supported candidates, public officeholders and issues that promote or defend REALTOR® policy and legislative goals, regardless of political party. We call this approach the “REALTOR® Party” concept and we are firmly committed to it.
- To receive RPAC funding, recipients must also agree to abide by principles of respect, dignity and equality as explained below. Agreement on policy is not enough.
WASHINGTON REALTORS® VALUES - WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- WASHINGTON REALTORS® are strongly committed to recognizing, honoring, and respecting the inherent value and human dignity of all people. We are taking a firm stance against racism and discrimination within our organization.
- WASHINGTON REALTORS® are expected to provide equal professional service without regard to the race, color, religion, gender (sex), disability (handicap), familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as an honorably discharged veteran or current military service of any prospective client, customer, or of the residents of any community.
- WASHINGTON REALTORS® are expected to abide by a comprehensive Code of Ethics that includes refraining from hate speech.
WASHINGTON REALTORS® EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
- Recipients of RPAC funds shall not, through speech, writing, imagery, conduct or any other means use negative and or disparaging epithets, threats of (or encouragement of) physical violence, harassing speech, hate speech, or slurs.
- WASHINGTON REALTORS® has a focus on the imagery and words we use to communicate to voters on candidates and issues. We strongly encourage candidates and PACs who receive RPAC funding to apply similar scrutiny.
VIOLATIONS OF THESE PRINCIPLES:
- Any candidate, campaign, or PAC seeking RPAC funding that has, through speech, writing, imagery, conduct or otherwise, violated the WASHINGTON REALTORS® expectations set forth above, may be denied funding.
- If Washington REALTORS® determines that any recipient of RPAC funding has through speech, writing, imagery, conduct or otherwise, violated the WASHINGTON REALTORS® expectations set forth above, the recipient will lose all WASHINGTON REALTORS® support, including any endorsement and/or new RPAC funding, and will be asked to return any RPAC funds previously received and to remove the WASHINGTON REALTORS® name from all campaign collateral, including but not limited to print, broadcast, digital and online materials.